blrblrblrblrblr!

samedi, février 27

#58 - earthquake


I don't know if you already heard about it, but today at about 3:30 in the morning, there was an earthquake in Chile. It had a magnitude of 8.8. Actually it was much more intense than Haiti's earthquake, but Chile is well prepared for this things, since it's in the border of the South American tectonic plate, so buildings are constructed thinking of the earth movements. Still, there have been deaths. Bridges, churches, houses have been destroyed.

Fortunately, nobody I know was injured and in my house there were no major damages. Some weak furniture fell off (it actually was full of heavy stuff, like detergent, fabric softener, etc), paintings and photos which were hanging on the wall (there was one, actually that fell from the third floor to the second, and no one knows how ö), and as you can see, all the wine glasses from the cupboard.

So, well, this was the first severe earthquake I have been in, and it was really scary. In fact, after if was over (it lasted more than 2min), I was shaking, even though I was far more calm, my body wasn't. But now, I'm fine, everyone's I know is fine, even my dog :)

Now, it's 12:40 and there are still aftershocks every now and then, but really low.+

That's all, my dear blue people.
Cee Cee.

6 commentaires:

Kathryn a dit…

I'm glad that you're okay and very sorry that other people weren't so fortunate.

Kate x

Carolusabe a dit…

Oh! Cami me alegro mucho de que este todo bien por tu casa! menos mal... me enteré en las noticias y me asusté. Menos mal que solo fueron algunos objetos que cayeron y ya esta. Muchos besos desde aqui, y espero que no vuelva a pasar. Besos Cami ♥

The Moon and I a dit…

das my bitch, and yeah i'm alive (Y)

pequeña loretti. a dit…

me alegro mucho que estés bien, y espero que cesen los sismos, así no se asustan nuevamente.
ayer estaba viendo la tele, y mostraban un estacionamiento que se había caído el techo sobre los autos, y al final dijeron que ra en Las Condes, y te juro que me re asusté, jajaja, pero menos mal que ya había hablado con vos.
un beso grande, camilín, te odio con amor.

eli a dit…

jue horrible. dijeron qe duró cmo 3 min. aprox.. pero wn fue muy fuerte.. lo unico qe qeria era qe parara.. siempre toy cmo para porfa, para porfa.. cn los temblores, pero esta no era un simple temblorcito.. en fin. Lo mejor es tratar de volver de a poco a la normalidad y ayudar a los qe mas lo necesiten... lo qe me impacta mas, dentro de todo lo qe impacta, es la diferencia qe hay entre como ocurrio aqui el terremoto y como ocurrio en haiti.. es super triste la vdd...

bueh, salduso de nuevo cami :DD , bcn qe too haya estao bn ahi, por suerte yo diria qe casi todos estan bien.. besitos :*

Macca a dit…

mm.. por lo menos no tuviste luz... yo no tuve luz hasta hoy! martes!!
bueno que bueno que estes bien. Todos mis cercanos tambien al parecer lo estan.
cdt