blrblrblrblrblr!

mercredi, mai 27

peanut butter cookie time!

Today, beloved readers, I'll post a recipe I just tried and worked :D
I think that everybody who likes to cook, but is not an expert on the matter, has used a recipe (wrote by an expert) and the result, let's say... wasn't the expected.
A cook or chef might find it easy, but let's face it. We're no cooks.
I love to cook, actually. If you have read my blog for some time, you should know, that, every once in a while, I organise tea parties for my friends and I make a lot of things, from scones to lemon cakes. Those are mainly recipes that my childhood nanny or my mam taught me.
I'm planning a tea party for Friday and I decided to try a new recipe from this site and it worked quite well. I'll show it to you with my explanations and my photos of the process :)

Peanut Butter Cookies
You'll need:
1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine
3/4 cup peanut butter (of your choice)
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespooons milk
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
+ 1/3 cup sugar
+ about 50 chocolate kisses (you'll need about 30, but just in case)




1. Cream together the butter or margarine and the peanut butter.

2. Add the sugars, then the egg, the vanilla extract and the milk. Incorporate everything well :)
3. Then, add the "dry" ingredients: flour, baking powder an salt, until you make a dough.
4. Cover and chill the mix until it is firm enough to roll into balls.
5. Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
6. Roll the batter into balls.
7. Lay the extra 1/3 cup of sugar on a thin layer and then roll each ball in the sugar.
8. Put the balls on a greased baking tray about 5cms from each other and bake for about 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Meanwhile, you can unwrap the Kisses ;D
Don't panic if you notice that the cookies don't have a very solid consistency. As they cool, they'll get solid.
9. Quickly after you take the cookies out of the oven, insert the kisses on each cookie. With the heat of the cookies, the chocolate will start melting (without losing it's shape) in order to "stick" to the cookies.

10. Let them cool and they'll be ready to be eaten!

1 commentaire:

GossipBoy a dit…

yummie!
ohh i hate you right now!
everytime i try to bake something, i get more frustrated. I can't cook!
nothing (even with recipes)is eatable when i cook them :(.
well, i HOPE you bring some cookies tomorrow at maca's.
in ny i'm gonna be a pig eating everything (not kidding)
And who I am? That's a secret I will never tell
You know you love me
XOXO GB